Here are some things you can do to celebrate International Cheetah Day on December 4th:
- Learn about cheetahs – scroll down to see our cheetah facts
- Participate in one of the ICD events listed on our site here.
- Wish everyone you meet a very “Happy International Cheetah Day!”.
- Get yourself one of the Save The Cheetah International Cheetah Day shirt from CCF’s Bonfire fundraising campaign.
- Read Freeda The Cheetah by Picklefish Press! The Kindle version is free to download on Amazon.
- Download Cheetah Conservation Fund’s Conservation Passport and The Living Desert’s CHEETAH FUN! K – 12 Activities. When you finish the activities print out your very own Certificate of Cheetah Achievement!
- Join the conversation on Twitter by using hashtags #SaveTheCheetah & #IntlCheetahDay. Use our Tweet Sheet to send tweets simply and easily. Just log in to your Twitter account and then open the Tweet Sheet. Click the TWEET button to instantly post to your Twitter page.
- Share a cheetah image on your social media profile for the day, week or month.
- Host a Namibia: Land of the Cheetahs viewing party. Invite your friends and share the Born to Explore special by Richard Wiese now available on Amazon.
- Visit the places where cheetahs live. Visit a zoo on December 4th or make a plan to visit Africa (many conservation organizations gladly accept volunteers and interns). There are conservation organizations working in research facilities, around the world and in the field, to help save the cheetah. They need YOUR help, so please consider making a donation to one of the organizations that is making a difference TODAY!
And remember ……the cheetah needs your help not just on December 4th, but every day of the year!
The world’s fastest land animal is racing against extinction. Help us win the race!
Show Your Support on Social Media
Learn About Cheetahs
Get your own Conservation Passport for International Cheetah Day!
The Cheetah Conservation Fund (CCF) needs your help as you celebrate International Cheetah Day. Make sure to gather more information about cheetahs and spread the word about wildlife conservation. Try making small changes in your everyday life to help your local wildlife and stay involved through service projects or fundraising to help international wildlife. In this FREE conservation passport you will find important information about the cheetah and its race for survival!
The Living Desert CHEETAH FUN! K-12 Activity Guides
The Living Desert designed a curriculum that includes the NGSS standards most relevant to the content. “STEAM” concepts are utilized in the three PDF’s that are created in the grade ranges: K-5th, 6th-8th, and 9th-12th.
Cheetah Pecha Kucha
Brian Badger, Cheetah Conservation Fund’s Director of Conservation and Outreach discusses cheetahs in this Pecha Kucha (chit chat) style presentation. Learn amazing facts about cheetahs, the problems they face and the work that’s being done to save them in the wild. Watch it here by clicking the player below. Expand the presentation by clicking in the top right corner of the player or visit www.voicethread.com to view.
Freeda The Cheetah
Download the free Kindle version or get a hard copy here.